Friday, October 3, 2008

Shelly & Matt 09.27.08















Ok I am super behind in my blogging activity, so please forgive this being out of order but I just had to take a few moments to pay tribute to a very special couple that have done a ton to help me out with all of their support. For all the rest of my brides who are anxiously awaiting their posts, don't worry I will not rest until I am caught up and you are all my heroes for your continued patience!

Just last Saturday I had the privilege and honor to share yet another special day with a fantastic couple. To sum it up....Simply Awesome! Location...beautiful, bride...stunning, groom...lookin' all GQ, decor...drenched in a sea of blues (my favorite color) and perfect down to the very last detail, wedding party...totally fun, band...rocked the house, candy buffet...amazing! The whole venue from beginning to end was perfect and the crowd was outstanding to work with.
A special shout out goes to Jill and Katie - the best day of coordinators I have ever worked with - you guys did an amazing job keeping things running smoothly! And lets not forget all the rest of Detroit Knotties that were in the house representin'. The support you all have for each other is incredible and I am sure you all played an important part in the master plans for this grand occasion. Really, hats off to all that participated in making Shelly & Matt's wedding day an absolute success.

After seeing the way Shelly & Matt can laugh with each other and the way they look into each other's eyes you know this is a relationship built on a strong foundation that will stand the test of time. And considering they are both architects, they know all too well about foundations, structure, form following function and the like. From what I gathered Shelly & Matt's wedding day was long awaited, but hey you can't rush a masterpiece, haha.

Its hard to believe that its been over a year since I first was introduced to Shelly as she walked into my studio in search of a photographer. Just yesterday it seemed like we were shooting their e-pix, and now today they already have a week of married bliss under their belts. My how time flies! But as I sit back and reflect, it warms my heart to know that not only are these two some of my favorite clients but we have also developed a great friendship along the way. Even when the prints are processed, and our business dealings wrap up I know our friendship will continue on and I will be only a phone call away to
share a beer and some laughs or to document their next life's milestone with a paparatzi parade. And all of this just reinforces why I love what I do. This business isn't just about photographic talent or artistry, its about people and relationships. Not only do I have the honor of documenting some of life's most heart felt and greatest moments, but I also have the pleasure of building long lasting relationships with fantastic people like Shelly & Matt. And for that I am truly thankful! Congrats and may the years to come be filled with unending joy and happiness always!

3 comments:

Shelly said...

yay!!! that's us and we are married!!!! great job kris, you are seriously the best. thank you for everything.

Gail said...

It was truly an honor to have your papratzi record this special day. It made us all feel special! We have every confidence that all of the effort that went into this wedding will be beautifully documented for us. I can't wait to see the pics as I'm sure your artistic talent will make everything look even more gorgeous. Thanks for being a great source of comfort and reassurance to Shelly throughout all of this. No, seriously, you have no idea..... :)
Shelly's Mom

Anonymous said...

It was an amazing day! Kris you are awesome and extremely creative! If only I'd known of you before I got married. Keep up the great work!!